32-bit/64-bit D calling convention questions

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Aug 6 09:21:41 PDT 2010

On 2010-08-05 17:42:58 -0400, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> said:

> 64 bit C on Windows uses a different ABI, the exception handling
> support is different, there's no linker (oops), etc. It's a much harder
> job.

Which makes me think of two small unimportant questions I'm curious about:

What will be the 64-bit D calling convention? Will it follow the host
platform's C calling convention? or will it be more uniform across
platforms?

Also, why is 32-bit D using its own calling convention instead of
reusing an already existing one? Why not use the host platform's C
calling convention?

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com