Build farm(er)

Tomek Sowiński just at ask.me
Fri Aug 6 23:40:13 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu napisał:

> In terms of machines, if anyone could volunteer ssh accounts to stable
> machines (e.g. preferably not laptops and not connected via dynamic IP,
> though the latter is satisfactorily fixed by dyndns.org), please chime in!

It would be a shame to leave out laptops. Ideally if someone lights up a computer with a build slave on it, the master could automatically
delegate two or three builds on their lousy laptop while they're reading some article. Does anyone know a build system that supports that
kind of dynamic work distribution? I know Hudson has slaves but AFAIK you have to register each one manually on the master. For
thousands of personal comps going on- and offline we need automization.

Tomek