tolf and detab

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Sun Aug 8 14:22:48 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu, el  8 de agosto a las 14:44 me escribiste:
> On 08/08/2010 12:28 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> >"Andrei Alexandrescu"<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>  wrote in message
> >news:i3ldk4$2ci0$1 at digitalmars.com...
> >>
> >>Very nice! You may as well guard the write with an if (result != fileStr).
> >>With control source etc. in the mix it's always polite to not touch files
> >>unless you are actually modifying them.
> >>

> >I'm fairly sure SVN doesn't commit touched files unless there are actual
> >changes. (Or maybe it's TortoiseSVN that adds that intelligence?)
>
> It doesn't, but it still shows them as changed etc.

Nope, not really:

/tmp$ svnadmin create x
/tmp$ svn co file:///tmp/x xwc
Revisión obtenida: 0
/tmp$ cd xwc/
/tmp/xwc$ echo hello > hello
/tmp/xwc$ svn add hello
A         hello
/tmp/xwc$ svn commit -m 'test'
Añadiendo      hello
Transmitiendo contenido de archivos .
Commit de la revisión 1.
/tmp/xwc$ touch hello
/tmp/xwc$ svn status
/tmp/xwc$ echo changed > hello
/tmp/xwc$ svn status
M       hello
/tmp/xwc$

(sorry about the Spanish messages, I saw them after copying the test and
I'm too lazy to repeat them changing the LANG environment variable :)

You might want to set the mtime to the same as the original file for
build purposes though (you know you're changing the file in a way it
doesn't really change its semantics, so you might want to avoid
unnecessary recompilation).