tolf and detab

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Aug 9 14:25:24 PDT 2010

bearophile wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>
>>> For now I suggest you to aim to be just about as fast as Python
>>> in this task :-) Beating Python significantly on this task is
>>> probably not easy.
>> Why?
>
> Because it's a core functionality for Python so devs probably have
> optimized it well, it's written in C, and in this case there is very
> little interpreter overhead.

Then we can do whatever they've done. It's not like they're using APIs
nobody heard of.

It seems such a comparison of file I/O speed becomes in fact a
comparison of garbage collectors. That's fine, but in that case the
notion that D offers the possibility to avoid allocation should come
back to the table.

Andrei