Andrei's Google Talk

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 06:38:11 PDT 2010

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 16:27:37 -0400, Jesse Phillips
<jessekphillips+D at gmail.com> wrote:

> Steven Schveighoffer Wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't mind the current docs, but I'd like to have some document to
>> know what tags are defined and what they mean (like a ddocdoc), and how
>> define new tags.  Maybe this already exists?
>
> My two comments are, shouldn't paragraphs be handled with a blank line?
> And yes there is a document on ddoc
>
> http://digitalmars.com/d/2.0/ddoc.html

Thanks, I hadn't seen that page (looks like there's a missing parentheses
in there too! ;)

I'll have to see if I can get vim to read ddoc properly so I can edit it
fine the next time.

I agree 100%, get rid of all the $(P's.  I'd rather see natural text.  I'm
a big fan of trac's wiki format, where formatting is pretty natural.  i.e.
a bulleted list looks like this:

  * item 1
  * item 2

You still need tags for things like bold or italic, but those should be
few and far between.  And of course, you need macros for dynamic content
generation.

-Steve