Andrei's Google Talk

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 10:58:51 PDT 2010

OT, but since we were on the subject of text editors I found a vim
keybinding script that some guy made a while ago and I've modified it to
work with a hotkey app called AutoHotkey_L (check
http://www.autohotkey.net/~Lexikos/AutoHotkey_L/ ). AHK_L is a modification
of the original AutoHotkey but has some nicer features, its Windows-only
unfortunately.

Right now it's just a basic script that allows you to switch from "vim-mode"
to the usual "default" mode (although I called it insert like in vim). When
you're in vim-mode, you can use the basic navigation keys, like JKL: (I've
assigned mine to IJKL however), moving the cursor to next/previous words
(and a number modifier before that to skip X number of words).

The cool thing is that it works with Scite. And if it works with Scite, it
probably works with most other Scintilla-based editors, provided that the
shortcuts are all the same there. I've tested it with PN and it works there
as well. Hell, it even works in Firefox!

I've only had a brief experience with VIM a few months ago, so I don't even
know the scratch of what it offers. But I'm thinking of expanding the
script, so one could potentially use it in *any* text editor. If there are
any VIM-enthusiasts that know AHK and would like to contribute, maybe I
could set up a repo someplace. Otherwise, I'll keep updating it for my own
use atm.

Download the script from here;

http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=375239#375239

Copy-paste the code in a text file, save the file as an .ahk file. Make sure
you've got AHK_L installed and run the script. Use caps-lock to switch
between modes. Have fun.