How Garbage Collector works?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Aug 11 22:00:14 PDT 2010

"Borneq" <borneq at antyspam.hidden.pl> wrote in message
news:i3vt2q$285d$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Unlike Java, in D there are pointers and structs. Did not prevent it from
> operation of Garbage Collector? Where is described garbage collection
> algorithm ?

Most things that are frequently believed to require a sandboxed VM langauge
like the JVM are misconceptions. There's nothing about pointers that
prevents garbage collection. The pointers do cause some complication,
though. For instance, D's GC is a conservative one, and therefore is prone
to false pointers occasionally preventing an object from being collected.

As for the specifics of D's GC, I don't know much about it. Someone else
will have to answer that.