Overloading Lazy Vs. Non-Lazy

Pillsy pillsbury at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 09:06:45 PDT 2010

Steven Schveighoffer Wrote:
[...]
> Hold on, can't we have enforce and lenforce (lazy enforce)?

Or couldn't we have an overload for enforce that takes a string, and another overload that takes a void delegate returning a string?

It makes the syntax a little grottier, but...

>  From a simple grep, 99% of enforce instances are:

> enforce(condition)
>   -or-
> enforce(condition, "compile-time-string")
>   -or-
> enforce(condition, "compile-time-string" ~ type.stringof)

...if you have to write

    enforce(condition,
               (){ return "compile-time-string" ~ type.stringof; });

one time in a hundred, is it really that bad?

Cheers,
Pillsy