dmd as link driver

SK sk at metrokings.com
Thu Aug 12 23:17:55 PDT 2010

Hello D'ers,

Can dmd drive the linking process in two step compile-then-link builds?

Lacking this capability complicates the CMake discovery process that uses
small test compiles.  In short, the problem is that CMake needs, but does
not have, full knowledge of the C environment (to handle linking) before
testing the D environment.  I'm not a cmake expert, but I don't think I can
express this dependency between two tool chains.  A few experiments have
failed to get this working.

If the answer is that dmd cannot drive the linker, would a patch be easy
enough to consider?

-steve