Phobos urllib

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Aug 14 07:35:21 PDT 2010

On 08/13/2010 09:23 AM, Graham Fawcett wrote:
> Hi Mengu,
>
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:15:01 -0400, Mengu wrote:
>
>> Mengu Wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Python has a library named urllib which can be found at
>>> http://docs.python.org/library/urllib2.html.
>>>
>>> Does Phobos have anything similar to this library? All I need is
>>> fetching data from a web site.
>>
>> Anyone has any idea on this matter?
>
> I don't think there is anything usable in Phobos at the moment. However,
> several people have written bindings for libCURL, which will do what you
> need.
>
> I've got one here:
>
> http://github.com/gmfawcett/d-play-libcurl/blob/master/fawcett/curl.d
>
> There's one on dsource, here:
>
> http://dsource.org/projects/curld/browser/trunk/curld
>
> Best,
> Graham

Graham,

I see your translation of libcurl's header is fairly complete. May I
copy it into std.etc? We wanted to put libcurl there for a long time
(Walter even exchanged emails with its author), and it would be a
timesaver to copy yours.

After we have the basic translation we should define higher-level APIs
in Phobos that cloak it (libcurl has an unsafe interface).

Thanks,

Andrei