Phobos incubator project ?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 17:51:15 PDT 2010

On Sunday 15 August 2010 16:48:37 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> You mean like a testing branch of Phobos where new stuff is tried out?
> Sounds like a cool idea to me.

Actually, it sounds a bit like a Boost for D, only probably less organized. That
is, it would contain stuff that folks would _like_ to get in the standard library
and give it an opportunity to be used and ironed out before getting put into
Phobos if the Phobos devs decide that it's good enough to put in there.

Overall, I think that it sounds like a good idea, but I would be worried about
it deteriorating in a manner similar to dsource where you have a bunch of old,
unmaintained stuff there that's going nowhere and just serving to confuse people
looking for useful stuff.

- Jonathan M Davis