Phobos incubator project ?

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Sun Aug 15 18:39:52 PDT 2010

On 16/08/2010 02:51, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Actually, it sounds a bit like a Boost for D, only probably less organized. That
> is, it would contain stuff that folks would_like_  to get in the standard library
> and give it an opportunity to be used and ironed out before getting put into
> Phobos if the Phobos devs decide that it's good enough to put in there.

Exactly!

> Overall, I think that it sounds like a good idea, but I would be worried about
> it deteriorating in a manner similar to dsource where you have a bunch of old,
> unmaintained stuff there that's going nowhere and just serving to confuse people
> looking for useful stuff.

Good point. Unmaintained stuff is indeed the worst case.
You can of course argue, that incubator stuff which does not make it
into Phobos is a) not good enough, b)too exotic, c) poor designed,
..whatever.
In other words : The only guarantee that stuff is not
outdated/unmaintained is/should be :
If it is part of Phobos it is up to date.