Andrei's Google Talk

Johannes Pfau spam at example.com
Mon Aug 16 14:30:02 PDT 2010

On 16.08.2010 23:10, lurker wrote:
> Johannes Pfau Wrote:
>
> Fixing problems is good, but when creating documentation the main focus is on communicating ideas. All kinds of fancy colors just distract people. I like default Phobos docs. It's hard to find something as simple from other language communities. The C++ documentation sucks so much that I mostly read dead tree books. And I think simple macros are better than tons of semicolon rules.
Well different people, different opinions I guess. The phobos
documentation layout really does a great job at being simple and still
good-looking. But when heavy template usage is documented
(std.algorithm) I sometimes feel lost (in std.algorithm 'Until' is an
example for that). I think some color there is helpful. But the great
thing about ddoc is you can have both.

The semicolon rules are important for xml - I don't want semicolons in
my xml output ;-) (Though it could be argued whether xml output is
needed at all)

> I meant that one or candydoc.
yes candydoc is nice, but AFAIK it's not maintained since quite some time.

--
Johannes Pfau