Notes on the Phobos style guide

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Aug 16 18:38:29 PDT 2010

Jonathan M Davis:

> I see little no value in trying to enforce any kind of
> coding standard on the D community as a whole,

If your program is partially composed by several modules written by different programmers, that you have found on the net (like from dsource), you will not appreciate to see your program as an Harlequin written in ten widely different coding styles. A more uniform coding style helps you see your program as a single whole instead of as a puzzle, and you will need less time to modify, debug and improve it. If you don't see the advantage of this for your D/Python programs then maybe it's because you haven't done this yet :-)

Bye,
bearophile