Phobos incubator project ?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 22:23:22 PDT 2010

On Monday 16 August 2010 21:20:22 BCS wrote:
> (BTW,
> Unless you actively cull part, what you are looking for will end up with a
> bunch of old projects.

Eventually, we're really going to need a system for culling code - especially if
pretty much _anyone_ can post there. It may need to have to do with age, or
perhaps we can vote on them, and stuff that never gets enough votes will be
removed, or maybe it'll just be based on how recently a project has been
updated... Anyway, we're going to need some sort of mechanism for culling code,
so that it doesn't get full of cruft.

And by that same token, we may want a voting system to indicate stuff that people
want in Phobos. Obviously, it will always be up to the Phobos devs as to whether
something ends up in Phobos or not, but if a lot of people want a particular
module or type of module to get into Phobos, then that would be an indication
that the Phobos devs should look at adding it (or something similar) to Phobos.
Just because something is highly quality does not mean that it should be in
Phobos, and even if something is not of the best quality, the fact that it's
popular could indicate that we need something like it in Phobos even if the
exact code in question needs work.

So, as part of setting this up, we are going to need to set up a system of some
kind to remove stuff from that should be removed as well as to indicate what stuff
likely should be added to Phobos.

Overall, I think that this is a great idea, but if it's going to really go
somewhere and be useful, it definitely needs to be organized.

- Jonathan M Davis