Current RDMD, please?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Aug 17 13:37:24 PDT 2010

"simendsjo" <simen.endsjo at pandavre.com> wrote in message
news:i4eq4l$o69$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 17.08.2010 21:08, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
> But I don't think that works. This is a copy of a post I made in d.learn
> the other day:
>
> c:\temp\src\test.d
>
> c:\temp>rdmd src\test
> The system cannot find the path specified.
>
> c:\temp>rdmd src/test
> std.file.FileException: (...)\.rdmd\rdmd-src/test.d-(...): The system
> cannot find the path specified.
>
> Using rdmd 20090902, dmd 2.048 and 64 bit win7

That's an old bug that's fixed in the rdmd trunk (it was fixed in r1315).
That's the original reason I wanted an updated rdmd to get included.

The problem in that old version of rdmd is that it always cd's into the
directory with the main d file. So it basically does this:

c:\temp\src\test.d

c:\temp>rdmd src\test
[rdmd]> cd src
[rdmd]> dmd src\test.d

So it didn't work from any directory other than the one with the main d
file. But that was already fixed in trunk last year (and just never got
included into the DMD distrubutions yet).