[OT]

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 18:17:07 PDT 2010

On Tuesday, August 17, 2010 13:59:54 Johannes Pfau wrote:
> On 17.08.2010 22:01, Michal Minich wrote:
> > Hi, could somebody please approve my email to phobos mailing list. I
> > received message:
> >
> > ....Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
> >
> > The reason it is being held:
> >    Post to moderated list...
> >
> > I suppose the moderation is only for first message...
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> Hi,
> I see you use gmail as well. Just wanted to let you know that with gmail
> you will not receive the mails you sent to the mailing list. This is a
> 'feature' of gmail, but I think it's highly confusing.
>
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6588&topic=1564

How... kind... of them. I was wondering about that but had assumed that it was
my mail client who was the culprit (silly me; we all know what assumptions do to
you). I can see why someone would want that, but I'd prefer that they didn't do
that. My mail client would do better at figuring out threads if it had the
message from the list instead of my sent message. Oh well. This goes with my
general irritation that spam doesn't go through my filters first, so I have no way
to stop stuff that I _know_ isn't spam from being put into the spam folder or put
stuff that I know _is_ spam in there. I'd much prefer to have control over the
spam filter. But tough luck.

- Jonathan M Davis