htod, no version for Linux?

Michael Strashun m.strashun at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:08:16 PDT 2010

On 08/18/2010 05:44 PM, Stewart Gordon wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Paul Dufresne wrote:
>>> I downloaded htod.zip and found there is only htod.exe inside.
>>> Any version for Linux?
>>
>> No. The problem is it is built out of the DM C compiler, which does
>> not parse gcc extensions found in Linux.
>
> But if the headers the user wants to convert are written in standard C
> rather than GNU-extended C (especially likely if whoever wrote the code
> wants it to be portable), then that shouldn't be a problem. So denying
> Linux users the utility on this basis doesn't really make sense.
>
> Stewart.

Is there DMC for Linux? I am currently working on tool named h2d2 for
Linux ( guess what it means ;) ) and found a lot of good stuff like gcc
pre-processor putting non-standard gcc-only tokens in result code, some
gcc-oriented code in standard library headers ( by standard any ID
starting with __ can be treated as reserved ID, so it is perfectly valid
C99 ). So it is not only front-end adaptation, but also pre-processor
adaptation at least.