Why C++ compiles slowly

Eldar Insafutdinov e.insafutdinov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 05:48:10 PDT 2010

> I'll be doing a followup on why D compiles fast.

I will say the contrary. Compiling medium size projects doesn't matter in either
language. But when the size of your project starts getting very big you will have
troubles in D because there is no incremental compilation. You will end up
recompiling the whole thing each time which will take longer than just recompiling
a single file in C++. Please be sure to mention it in your next article, otherwise
it is a false advertisement. Of course it is not the language issue, but it's the
issue of its only implementation.

P.S. This problem was raised many times here by Tomasz Stachowiak.