[META] Amending subject names in long discussions

Graham Fawcett fawcett at uwindsor.ca
Thu Aug 19 08:40:25 PDT 2010

Hi folks,

I just wanted to share a minor pet peeve I have with the list (and with
Usenet in general). There's a bad habit here of taking discussions off
on (worthwhile) tangents, but not amending the Subject line to reflect
the new topic.

For example, there's an enormous discussion on "Andrei's Google Talk"
which is really about DDoc and Doxygen. It has totally left the Google
Talk building, and deserves a revised subject.

The Subject line is our friend, use it well! :)

Cheers,
Graham