Current RDMD, please?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Aug 19 14:14:08 PDT 2010

"retard" <re at tard.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:i4k3nr$alv$2 at digitalmars.com...

> My laptop has been running Ubuntu since 6.06 beta
> releases. I once tried Kubuntu, but went back to Ubuntu because of the
> stability issues (yea, a reformat even though removing kubuntu-desktop
> might have been enough).

I recently upgraded my Linux box from Ubuntu 9.04 to Kubuntu 10.04 (I didn't
attempt to do an in-place upgrade). It seems stable to me (although I don't
use it as much as my primary system, so maybe there are issues I just
haven't notced).

Well, except for one thing: I had a secondary hard drive in there, and the
Kubuntu 10.04 installer kept crashing at the "select how you want your disks
set up part". Unplugged it, installed Kubuntu just fine, and then plugged it
back in. I didn't try to install Ubuntu 10.04 though, so for all I know it
might not be Kubuntu-specific.