[META] Amending subject names in long discussions

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Aug 19 14:19:13 PDT 2010

"Graham Fawcett" <fawcett at uwindsor.ca> wrote in message
news:i4jj99$16f1$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Hi folks,
>
> I just wanted to share a minor pet peeve I have with the list (and with
> Usenet in general). There's a bad habit here of taking discussions off
> on (worthwhile) tangents, but not amending the Subject line to reflect
> the new topic.
>
> For example, there's an enormous discussion on "Andrei's Google Talk"
> which is really about DDoc and Doxygen. It has totally left the Google
> Talk building, and deserves a revised subject.
>
> The Subject line is our friend, use it well! :)

Good point, I'll try do do better about that.

I think it's been a bit of a "boiled frog" issue: Discussions tend to drift
off-topic just a *little* at a time, so we don't notice until they're
already a full-sized completely-offtopic discussion.