std.process.system asynchronous? or win cmd line oddity?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Aug 19 21:07:30 PDT 2010

Is std.process.system asynchronous? Is it supposed to be? Is execv known to
trick the windows command-line into giving control back to the user?

I've been playing around a bit (on windows) with rdmd, which uses system()
heavily (and also execv for running a newly-compiled program), and I
frequently get text appearing (such as a compiler error message or results
from a program being rdmd'd and run) *after* I get keyboard control back
with a new prompt. Which is weird.

It's going to take a little more work to whittle it down to a good test
case, but I thought I'd ask if anyone knew something already.