inline asm plans

SK sk at metrokings.com
Fri Aug 20 12:00:23 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Please file an enhancement bug report (at a minimum).  Even better would
> be to take a look at the source and produce a patch adding support for it
> (iasm.c in the src tree).
>
> Adding new codes shouldn't be terribly difficult, but I've not studied
> that particular part of the code yet.

Hi Brad, I followed your suggestion and looked at iasm.c, but this
file has the backend license.  Code from random contributors
complicates copyright -- a problem made much simpler if the relevant
files were also under the Artistic/GPL.  Does it makes sense for
Digital Mars to "move" the inline assembler to be considered part of
the front-end?

>From src/iasm.c
/*
 * Copyright (c) 1992-1999 by Symantec
 * Copyright (c) 1999-2010 by Digital Mars
 * All Rights Reserved
 * http://www.digitalmars.com
 * Written by Mike Cote, John Micco and Walter Bright
 * D version by Walter Bright
 *
 * This source file is made available for personal use
 * only. The license is in /dmd/src/dmd/backendlicense.txt
 * For any other uses, please contact Digital Mars.
 */