Unused variables, better as error or warning?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 12:52:27 PDT 2010

On Friday 20 August 2010 12:01:54 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Yes there are, you enable them with -wi, which are informational
> warnings. Some errors are listed here, but I'm not sure which of these
> can be used with -wi:
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/warnings.html

I missed that. Thanks for the info. Every other compiler that I've ever used has
shown warnings by default (though some of them let you use flags to decide what
should be flagged as a warning), so I find dmd's behavior is the regard to be
rather odd. But if we have -wi, then that solves the problem.

- Jonathan M Davis