On C/C++ undefined behaviours

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Fri Aug 20 15:24:24 PDT 2010

Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:07:50 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> retard wrote:
>> After few hours
>> of use everything should run as fast as it can.
>
> I kinda don't really want to wait a few hours for my editor to stop
> lagging.

You don't need to use it that long. I only gave a pessimistic estimate on
when all JIT compilation stops. Surely the most used features get
recompiled faster. The second use of any Java function should already
trigger the JIT in some cases. This is a bit unfortunate for desktop
applications because the first impression is that everything lags. But
the thing is, if you try something TWICE or more, it's orders of
magnitude faster.