Unused variables, better as error or warning?

div0 div0 at sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 20 16:08:32 PDT 2010

On 20/08/2010 22:28, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Friday, August 20, 2010 14:12:09 Walter Bright wrote:
>
> Warnings are good for things which you _should_ fix but don't have to immediately

No they aren't. Warnings are good for exactly nothing.

Warnings suck massive arse, hide geniune problems and create useless noise

In the real world where I have to work, warnings are things that other
useless morons produce and ignore ad infinitium and I have to fix.

It's gotten to the point why I've literaly threatened to hit people with
a keyboard because they keep checking code into CVS that has warnings in
it, even though our company coding standards state (in large bold type)
that this is completely unexceptable.

If it's wrong, it's *always* wrong or it's *not* wrong.

Pick one and learn the rules of the language.

--
My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness.
http://www.ssTk.co.uk