Unused variables, better as error or warning?

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Fri Aug 20 16:58:58 PDT 2010

Walter Bright, el 20 de agosto a las 14:12 me escribiste:
> bearophile wrote:
> >So if you give me this warning, you are free to keep it always deactivated in
> >all your future D programs :-)
>
> I detest warnings because they make the language rules "fuzzy". Code
> should be legal or illegal. Wishy-washy warnings make code
> non-portable because different compilers implement different
> warning.

I know this has been discussed to death, but you know, you can ignore
warnings, it doesn't make your code invalid. And having different
options to enable/disable some types of warnings make things even more
manageable. I know you don't like having lots of options in the compiler
either, so I don't expect you to do that either.

Fortunately there are other compilers :)