How does D handle null pointers?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Aug 21 04:59:13 PDT 2010

Richard Webb:

> I think that bearophile suggested that references be marked as non-nullable
> because making them non-nullable by default is a breaking change in the language
> (i agree that that is a better approach though).

Right. I think at this point there's no hope to non-nullable by default. But the solution in two parts that I have suggested may be good enough, I don't know.
I'd like to be able to create a D2 experimental version with those changes, to try how it works in practice on few small programs.

Bye,
bearophile