On C/C++ undefined behaviours

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 08:03:18 PDT 2010

== Quote from Jonathan M Davis (jmdavisprog at gmail.com)'s article
> Hopefully D will prove to be a solution with development benefits
> on par with Java and .NET and efficiency benefits on par with C++.
> - Jonathan M Davis

If "on par" with Java and .NET is all we're aiming for, then we've really set the
bar low.  I think that D's metaprogramming/generic system will set the bar much
higher once D gets more library and tool support.

I've thought about how I would implement an API with comparable ease of use and
flexibility for some libraries I've written or used in D, using Java, C# or C++.
I don't think it's possible.  The only other languages where I think a similarly
easy to use API would be implementable are the (really slow) dynamic languages
like Python and Ruby.

For an example, try implementing an API comparable to std.range in flexibility and
ease of use in any statically typed, efficient language besides D.