On C/C++ undefined behaviours

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Aug 23 17:08:17 PDT 2010

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Yea, I agree. Back in my C/C++ days, I actively avoided doing any string
> processing whenever I could, just because it was such a PITA.

I've done an awful lot of C/C++ programming that involved handling strings. It
was always a lot of tedious work, and I was always reinventing the wheel on that.

But in looking at other "inferior" languages, like BASIC, I was eventually
struck by how trivial string handling was for them. I thought D should be able
to do that as well.