Fixing std.string

Norbert Nemec Norbert at Nemec-online.de
Tue Aug 24 01:35:09 PDT 2010

On 20/08/10 03:22, dsimcha wrote:
> 3.  Is there any good reason to avoid just templating everything to work with
> all 9 string types (mutable/const/immutable char/wchar/dchar[]) or whatever
> subset is reasonable for the given function?

Wouldn't it be sufficient to take const as input? IIRC, both mutable and
immutable can be implicitly converted to const and this exactly the
purpose that const is designed for: data that I can't change but that
other code may be able to change. Or am I mixing something up here?