Why all the D hate?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Aug 24 13:29:01 PDT 2010

"retard" <re at tard.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:i51963$v0k$3 at digitalmars.com...

> I can find 100 other commercial C# coders in just a few
> days.

Now, see that's something that always bugs the hell out of me. Any
programmer who can code in, say imperative or OO style in one language and
*can't* pick up another imperative or OO language with ease is incompetent.
Period. But no one outside of (real) programmers ever seems to realize that.
(One of the reasons I despise anyone who works anywhere near HR.)

I don't always agree with Joel Spolsky (though I often do), but one thing I
*absolutely* agree with him on is this:

"The recruiters-who-use-grep, by the way, are ridiculed here, and for good
reason. I have never met anyone who can do Scheme, Haskell, and C pointers
who can't pick up Java in two days, and create better Java code than people
with five years of experience in Java, but try explaining that to the
average HR drone."

- The Perils of JavaSchools:
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/ThePerilsofJavaSchools.html

Incidentally, that's also why I think all of those managers out there who
choose PHP because "there are a lot of PHP programmers" are complete fucking
morons.