Why all the D hate?

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Tue Aug 24 14:59:31 PDT 2010

Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:21:56 -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> And if a manager goes hiring programmers when time's already tight, then
> the manager is an idiot because getting the new people up-to-speed is
> only going to cause more delay even if the language is the same (and
> again, the time to pick up the language is small compared to the other
> stuff). That's been shown time and time again.

It's a bit different where I've worked. Most contracts were really short.
You participate in about 3 to 12 smaller web service projects during the
year. We rarely hired any juniors, you had to have 5+ years of real life
commercial experience with typical frameworks (Stripes, Spring,
Hibernate, Memcached, ASP.Net, Rails, Django, Symfony, jQuery, Maven,
Apache configuration, SVN, Git, GCC, etc.). Sometimes a single project
took only couple of months - a prototype milestone had a really tight
schedule.