file i/o in a variety of languages

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 10:15:21 PDT 2010

On Friday, August 27, 2010 08:16:39 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> They keep closing informational topics like these. And yet topics like
> "Jon Skeet facts" stay open. It's ridiculous.

There's definitely some great stuff at stack overflow, and it's generally a great
place to ask questions, but it does seem like there are folks there who love to
close questions if they can. So, it can be painfully often that good questions
get closed as "not a real question," though bad questions that deserve to be
closed do show up. It can be a bit weird when something stays and when it
doesn't. My general experience has been though, that something good is more
likely to be closed than something bad kept. Though, whether that's good or bad
is another question.

- Jonathan M Davis