D.challenge

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Sat Aug 28 04:25:07 PDT 2010

On 28/08/10 17:21, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
> It's a fun idea! Why not just post with '[challenge]' in the object?
> People not interested in such threads can skip them easily.
>
> I also propose '[D tricks]' as another meta-subject. For example, did
> you know you can have import statements in structs (maybe also in
> classes, I don't know)? That way, you can put an Importer struct in a
> template to give it access to std functions you need, even when the
> template is mixed in another scope.
>

> Philippe

Maybe challenges on their own might be a bit sparse in number,
so perhaps tricks & challenges combined in one forum would be
more substantial?

Then again just posting with either [challenge] or [trick] in
the subject line might do the trick (excuse the pun) .. in which
case D.learn might be the appropriate forum for these suggested
subject annotations, especially also since the traffic on D.learn
is quite low and people wanting to learn or advance their D knowledge
might find D.learn at little more interesting with a sprinkling
of tricks and challenges.

Cheers
Justin Johansson