[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Sat Aug 28 07:56:35 PDT 2010

Sat, 28 Aug 2010 12:13:10 +0000, Frank Fuente wrote:

>> I'm sorry, this just makes no sense to me. People change professions
> all the
>> time under capitalism. Novelists aren't locked in to writing novels.
> They can
>> switch to carpentry any time <g>.
>> (In fact, I know a programmer who switched to making ceramic pots.)
>
> Is that why D2 is taking so long to complete :-)

Maybe it's because some of DIP text [2] and bibliography links were in a
wiki [1] and wikis are a bad form of communication [3].

[1] http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/d58qq/
interview_with_andrei_alexandrescu_part_3_d/c0xo1bt
[2] http://www.wikiservice.at/d/wiki.cgi?
action=browse&amp;id=LanguageDevel/DIPs
[3] http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?
art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=116345