[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:56:22 PDT 2010

Walter Bright schrieb:
> I think that some categories of software will never be free open source.
> For example, tax prep software. That's because tax software is a load of
> tedious detail work with no glory. People will want to be paid to write
> it, and others will be willing to pay for it.

For german tax declarations there is http://www.taxbird.de/.
It's supposed to be a linux-compatible alternative to the windows-only
Freeware "ELSTER" provided by the government.
It's not usable though, because the developer is still waiting for some
information from some state office or something regarding electronic
submission of the declarations (a feature offered by ELSTER).

But at least it proves people are willing to provide this kind of
software as open source ;-)