std.mixins

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Aug 30 20:27:10 PDT 2010

"dsimcha" <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:i5hs3o$9ev$1 at digitalmars.com...
> == Quote from Nick Sabalausky (a at a.a)'s article
>> Definitely trace and traceVal/traceValCT from my lib:
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/semitwist/browser/trunk/src/semitwist/util/mixins.d
>> Every time I work on D code from a codebase that doesn't use my lib and I
>> shouldn't/can't/don't feel like adding it as a dependancy, I find the
>> lack
>> of my trace and traceVal/traceValCT to be a real pain. Having it in the
>> std
>> lib would be *really* helpful, even for me. The traceMixin can be helpful
>> too.
>> Also, getter and getterLazy from the same module. I find the built-in
>> property-definition syntax (even with the new @property) to be painfully
>> verbose and non-DRY for simple cases (which in my experience are the most
>> common ones - specifically, every time I want a publically-read-only
>> field).
>> The getter and getterLazy take care of that.
>> The other stuff in that module are other mixins I've also found useful,
>> although to a much lesser extent than trace/traceVal/getter/getterLazy.
>> I'm completely ok with any of that being included in or adapted for
>> phobos.
>> Be aware though, I've recently converted it from D1/Tango to D2/Phobos,
>> so
>> some of it might not be completely D2-ified yet (though it does at least
>> work on D2/Phobos).
>
> Awesome.  Could you do me a favor, though?  Please put a license block in
> the file
> just so it's absolutely clear to everyone, even far in the future when
> this post
> is buried in the archives, that borrowing from it is fair game.

The whole project is zlib/libpng, there's a LICENSE.txt in the root of the
svn tree. I've just added a notice about it to the main project page (
http://www.dsource.org/projects/semitwist/ ). I'll also put a notice of
being zlib/libpng and URL to the license file in each source if you think
that'll help.

If inclusion in phobos needs anything special beyond just being under
zlib/libpng, I'd be happy to provide phobos with whatever formal or informal
special permission or license needed.