Bug 3999 and 4261

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 17:38:36 PDT 2010

bearophile schrieb:
> Daniel Gibson:
>> I sometimes find it convenient to just treat those values as integers,
>
> Yes, I am sure in some situations it can be handy. But it's a a bit of convenience that has a too much high price, the semantics is less clean, and it's more bug prone. So no thanks. Keeping things tidy is more important.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Then there still is the consistency-issue (anon. enums are treated
differently then named enums).

Apart from that inconsistency: Yes, it wouldn't be unreasonable to just
cast the int to MyEnum or the other way round for comparison.
(or, in my example: MyEnum x; stream.read(cast(int)x); ...)

Cheers,
- Daniel