tail const

Simen kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 05:54:40 PST 2010

vincent picaud <vincent.picaud at laposte.net> wrote:

> To summarize there would be just one keyword to add in D : "const_".
> This attribute would have sense only for Objects (the same logic would
> also hold for "immutable_"). To my IMHO the syntax const_ is easy to
> unerstand, because "_" clearly shows the place holder position and its
> missing "const"
> (remembering C++)

The issue is not with syntax (I am of the impression that most who want
this, like Michel Fortin's const(A) ref a). The problem is Walter does
not want to do it, as he considers it impossible to get right. Of that
I'm not sure, but he's proven me wrong in the past, so it could happen
again.

--
Simen