D on Wikipedia [Was: Re: Setting the stack size]

Justin C Calvarese jccalvarese at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 21:13:27 PST 2010

== Quote from bearophile (bearophileHUGS at lycos.com)'s article
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_or_boy_test
> The reference to D was later removed by someone, of course.
> They have even removed D examples from the template metaprogramming page, etc. The page about CTFE
> resists still:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compile_time_function_execution
> Wikipedia looks like a fair place based on rules and laws, but in truth a lot of its contents are
> determined by politics. If there are enough people interested in keeping a page/topic alive, then it
> survives. So you are able to find many page about single Pokemon characters (some of them are cute,
> but they cultural importance is not huge), but no pages (because they have deleted it) about some
useful
> software.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

If Wikipedia is hostile to D, maybe the content should be offered to other venues. I'm sure that there
are many websites that could benefit from some interesting articles about programming concepts that could
include D code examples, such as:
 * http://knol.google.com/
 * http://www.mywikibiz.com/
 * http://rosettacode.org/

(I know that there are many other websites that could be mentioned. I just wanted to list a few websites
to illustrate my idea.)

jcc7