[review] new string type

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 08:20:25 PST 2010

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:24:03 -0500
"Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> At this point, you can't do that except via opApply, and I didn't want to
> inject that in fear that it would be pointed out as a drawback.
>
> It would be nice if we could define a way to do that via ranges...

According to TDPL p.381, one could define slicing instead of opApply or range methods (since a slice is "rangeable", the compiler should take a slice if nothing else is present) (not tried, yet). Your string type is, indeed, a typical case where this would perfectly make sense.

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com