How convince computer teacher

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 12:33:37 PST 2010

Ddev Wrote:

> hi community,
> How convince my teacher to go in D ?
> After talk with my teacher, i do not think D is good because after 10 years is not become the big one. she is very skeptical about D. If i could convince my teacher it will be great maybe i will teach to his
> students :)
>
> best regards

As Nick says, 10 years is when the language gets noticed. Then you have the push that brings it to the main stream, and that time period varies.

But as for getting D to be taught in class. The is no reason the language has to be big. Come up with something that should be taught to students (meta-programming, pointers, functional, object, dynamic vs type inference) and demonstrate how D can make teaching these concepts easier.