Scripting again.

so so at so.do
Thu Dec 9 13:24:38 PST 2010

> I'm of the opinion that languages like Lua/MiniD are great ways to
> achieve these goals as they are small efficient languages and were made
> specifically for embedding. I'm considering the idea of using Lua
> scripts as configuration files, but haven't yet put into practice to
> judge if it is beneficial.

I agree there are some handy tools, but they exist because of the
shortcomings of said languages, not because it is the way it should be.

// define here
class A {

// and export somewhere
export(A);
export(A.method);
export(that);
export(whatever);

You see how stupid is this? How ugly it can get? For actually zero gain?

> I do not believe it is common to add scripting to avoid the language you
> are writing code in.

Absolutely!