How convince computer teacher

Jean Crystof news at news.com
Thu Dec 9 14:47:05 PST 2010

Jesse Phillips Wrote:

> Ddev Wrote:
>
> > hi community,
> > How convince my teacher to go in D ?
> > After talk with my teacher, i do not think D is good because after 10 years is not become the big one. she is very skeptical about D. If i could convince my teacher it will be great maybe i will teach to his
> > students :)
> >
> > best regards
>
> As Nick says, 10 years is when the language gets noticed. Then you have the push that brings it to the main stream, and that time period varies.
>
> But as for getting D to be taught in class. The is no reason the language has to be big. Come up with something that should be taught to students (meta-programming, pointers, functional, object, dynamic vs type inference) and demonstrate how D can make teaching these concepts easier.

In our school Microsoft donates good developer tools (C#, ASP, Web framework, Ajax, SQL server, Visual Studio) and provides operating system (Xp or 7). Also quest lectures from Microsoft or partners, but only about Microsoft technology stack. Is more a vocational college. We study tools at school, then do training period in interns.

Is hard to get D through. I'd use D instead but how to convince? The intership means you can not choose tools, you a small worker in a big project. At school they get materials elsewhere, some commercial company maybe. Look polished. They laugh if you show D specs and D man. I was thinking make a public wiki project to create D material, but it need marketing to get through. And students don't trust D. You get no job with D. You start a probe period at intern place often with Microsoft technology and continue to non-programming positions later. Where D fits in?