How convince computer teacher

Jean Crystof news at news.com
Thu Dec 9 15:10:02 PST 2010

so Wrote:

> > In our school Microsoft donates good developer tools (C#, ASP, Web
> > framework, Ajax, SQL server, Visual Studio) and provides operating
> > system (Xp or 7). Also quest lectures from Microsoft or partners, but
> > only about Microsoft technology stack. Is more a vocational college. We
> > study tools at school, then do training period in interns.
>
> Sorry i can't resist!
> Are they really calling that "donation"?
> How is this any better than feeding chickens in a chicken farm/factory? :D

You're right. There is lock in at some point. But they make dev tools for students really attractive. And good MSDNAA deals and other non publicly available pricing deals with departments who resists market dominance. They sell whole platform. It works in HTML5 web, in Xbox, in Windows Phones, in many places. The teacher sees no value in D, D is just hobby project. Big money is spent in Microsoft advertising and I'd say corruption.