http://d-programming-language.org/ 404 & small proposal

Andrej Mitrovic andrej at none.net
Thu Dec 9 20:04:22 PST 2010

The D website is 404'ing for the library page:

http://d-programming-language.org/phobos/phobos.html

And I've had an idea to make the documentation website a little easier to navigate. Here's what the docs look like with their old design:

http://imgur.com/8Vdrj.jpg

Now, that's quite a mess to look at. The text isn't aligned or anything so it doesn't look that good, and you can't really tell which of those names are functions, class definitions or enums, etc.

So I just quickly sketched out what I'd like to see instead:

http://imgur.com/0lufR.jpg

Disregard the off coloring, font sizes, and my general lack of design skills please :). The main point is to put the links in a table so they're aligned and easier to browse, and maybe even categorize all the names by their type (functions/enums/etc).

I'm pretty sure adding a table is trivial, but I don't know if we can automatically categorize all the names and put them in separate tables.

Thoughts?