http://d-programming-language.org/ 404 & small proposal

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Dec 9 21:09:51 PST 2010

On Thursday 09 December 2010 21:03:53 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 12/10/10, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> > What you show seems reasonable (aside from the fact that most of what you
> > list
> > as functions are types, but I assume that that's because it's a mock up),
>
> Haha, yeah I made one table and then got lazy and copy-pasted the rest.
> Guilty.
>
> > would be a collapsible tree of some kind, but what you show is definitely
> > better
> > than what we currently have, and presumably it would be easier to do.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> We should stick with making smaller improvements over time on the site
> itself. D is lacking manpower as it is so we shouldn't have to waste a
> lot of time on design issues.

I see no problem with that. I do think that we should be striving for the best
design that we can, but incremental improvements are just fine. I just thought
that I'd point out what people have generally been looking for. Making it like
what you suggested would be a definite improvement though, regardless of whether
we end up with some sort of collapsible tree later. The fact that we have so
little manpower is a big part of why changes haven't been made already, so it's
definitely a valid point.

- Jonathan M Davis