Please vote on std.datetime

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Dec 9 21:46:40 PST 2010

On Thursday 09 December 2010 19:04:54 Yao G. wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 18:26:13 -0600, Andrei Alexandrescu

> > Jonathan M. Davis has diligently worked on his std.datetime proposal,
> > and it has been through a few review cycles in this newsgroup.
> >
> > It's time to vote. Please vote for or against inclusion of datetime into
> > Phobos, along with your reasons.
> >

> > Thank you,
> >
> > Andrei
>
> I hate the SysDate name (ugly). And I hate that I must link to
> advapi32.lib. And honestly, It gives me a strong kitchen-sinky vibe
> (there's too much functionality). But I vote yes. Solid library.

SysTime stands for System Time. I figured that SysTime was better than having to
type out SystemTime.

The reason that advapi32.lib is necessary is because of the functions which are
used to access the registry, which is necessary for WindowsTimeZone. Presumably,
that would be added to the default dmd.conf file on Windows so that you wouldn't
have to worry about it. I'd have preferred not to need it, but there's nothing I
can do about it without losing functionality.

- Jonathan M Davis